Clinical documentation has always been a professional standard of care. Yet many psychotherapists are unsure how to document the good work they provide. As a result, they can feel at the mercy of insurance companies, spending an enormous amount of time justifying treatment, fighting rejected insurance claims, fearing or preparing for audits, writing disability reports and losing income. Paperwork can seem disconnected from being helpful to clients. Paradoxically, the more the practice of psychotherapy is scrutinized, the more important good record keeping becomes. Choose mastery over misery and allow good clinical documentation to be a contribution to high quality care rather than a detour.
You will learn to:
- Determine how to translate clinical skill and intuition into the behavioral language required by insurance companies no matter what therapeutic modalities used.
- Employ the golden thread to help justify medical necessity while maintaining client confidentiality and privacy.
- Identify and analyze potential clinical, legal, and ethical red flags in the documentation process and how to avoid them.
You will receive access to for one year:
- Powerpoint Slide Manual.
- General Agenda for the Workshop
- Practice Treatment Plan and Session Note.
- Completed Treatment Plan and Session Note.
- Access to all 5 Video Modules to watch and review at your leisure.